[OutSystems UI] Carousel advanced options
Forge component by OutSystems R&D
Application Type
Reactive

Hi community,

At this moment I am doing research on the carousel component. In the default options of the carousel I am missing the advanced option to show the images as thumbnail (see example below or see it live here and scroll top 'Customize'). Also good to mention is that I am using OutSystems UI 2.6.6.

At the OutSystems UI page I did see carousel uses tiny-slider and on the Github page there is a advanced option called 'navAsThumbnails '. 

This is exactly what I need for my project but I do not see a option to implement this. Is there a way to implement this as tiny slider is used or is this something that needs to be done custom (anyone already have an example of this maybe)?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Bart

Solution

If the default feature is not there, you can create one div below the slider and put Images Thumb with the JS and onclick change the image in slider too. 

Let's look into one example could help you - https://www.w3schools.com/howto/tryit.asp?filename=tryhow_js_slideshow_gallery

Hi Manish,

Thanks for your suggestion. I was hoping for a solution that would bring me more to the default option. I guess there is no 'default' solution and I do have to look into a custom solution like the one you provided.

Regards,

Bart

Yes, there is no default option for such requirement. Need to achieve with the Custom One. 

Let me know if you face any issues implementing this.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.