[ReactFilePondUpload] .MSG or MIME Type "application/vnd.ms-outlook" Failing Validation
Forge component by Stuart Harris
Application Type
Reactive

Hi All,

I'm just wondering if anyone has resolved the issue with not being able to upload outlook files into the component? After reading this thread https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/69389/how-to-get-right-mime-type-for-msg-file-while-uploading-file/ I see that browsers don't necessarily support that mime type and its also failing in the component every time I try to upload a file of that type so I can assume that's the culprit. 

Does anyone know if this can be integrated into the component somehow? 

Any help is always appreciated!!

Thanks,

Bryan 

Hi Bryan,

That particular issue was not related to this component.

If you specify "msg" as an accepted file type, or no accepted file types, you will be able to upload a .msg file.

However, I notice a defect in the component that when you browse, .msg files are not listed; and you have to select "All Files" to upload.  Drag and drop works find though.

Kind regards,

Stuart

Champion

Hey Stuart, 

Thanks for the reply, can I ask what MIME type did you use for the .msg file extension? I'm trying to specify it in the AcceptedFileTypes but "application/vnd.ms-outlook" doesn't seem to work.

-Bryan 

Hi Bryan,

I just used "msg".  The issue is browsers do not recognise application.vnd.ms-outlook. In the accept attribute of the file input tag it must use ".msg". eg <input type="file" accept=".msg">

Although I checked it on the Tradition Web version of the component and thought it would be the same. But it appears that drag and drop does not work for MS Outlook files.

I will need to update the component so that browse works for "msg" files.

Champion

Awesome!!! Thanks so much for all your help

Hi Bryan,

I have just uploaded a version that will work for .msg when browsing. Unfortunately I have not been able to make dragdrop work.  The next version will upgrade to the latest version of FilePond, maybe that will help.

I hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Stuart

Champion

Hey Stuart, 

I think I'm missing something on this and maybe you can help me understand how the component is checking the file extension. So I have this component in a webblock that is using the OnInitialize to build the list of AcceptedFileTypes

and when I add the Mime type for the .msg file it still fails validation. 

Am I not doing this correctly? and if so how do I validate the accepted file types?

Thanks again for all your help!

-Bryan  

Hi Brian,

Yes the mime type for outlook will not work. Specifically for outlook, you have to use "msg"

Kind regards,

Stuart

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.