Accessing Local Databases without exposing it to the internet

Hi OutSystems,

Our company is considering your environments for our internal projects, but we have these questions:

1. How can we connect our MS SQL database and Active Directory to the OutSystems cloud without directly exposing them to the internet? 
  2. Do you have a tool or some kind of agent so that your cloud environment can communicate to our internal MS SQL database and active directory securely?

Any answer is appreciated. Thanks and best regards!

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi,

There are several options:

1.  setup a VPN between OutSystems and your internal, this would be the easiest in your situation
  2.  setup a AWS Direct connection
  3.  setup a AWS Transit gateway

Kind regards,

Daniel

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

You need to contact an OutSystems sales representative for that.

Indeed the options I provided are only for enterprise licences.

Consider the other way around, if your local application is able to call an REST endpoint in the cloud, then create and REST API in OutSystems that then is called form the local application to share data. 

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi,

There are several options:

1.  setup a VPN between OutSystems and your internal, this would be the easiest in your situation
  2.  setup a AWS Direct connection
  3.  setup a AWS Transit gateway

Kind regards,

Daniel

Thank you guys for your question and answer

mvp_badge
MVP

I addition to my first reply, once the connection between your OutSystems cloud environment and you prive (cloud) network is setup you can integrate with MySQL as explained in this video:

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/46192/video-how-to-work-with-an-external-mysql-database/

The personal edition don't have that option.

Can we request a trial of the enterprise version so that we can fully test it out?

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

You need to contact an OutSystems sales representative for that.

Indeed the options I provided are only for enterprise licences.

Consider the other way around, if your local application is able to call an REST endpoint in the cloud, then create and REST API in OutSystems that then is called form the local application to share data. 

Regarding that, we are trying to remove some overhead by not using REST. But anyway, thanks for the info. It's exactly what we need.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.