[Case Management framework] reopen a case after rejecting
case-management-framework
Forge component by Platform Maintenace
Application Type
Reactive
Service Studio Version
11.8.11 (Build 31185)

Hi all,

I am working on a Projects Requests webapp that based on Case Management Framwork. In my case I want to give the Requester the option to reopen the request if it is rejected and closed. I am not sure which API could help to open the Case after closing it.

Appreciate any hep. 

Hi Kawthar,

There is no way to reopen a Case.  Each case in fact internally associated to a bpt process so when you close the case the process is closed. 

So my first suggestion that you can add a new case status is the one that you can use. You can leave the close and add new status called Reopen and another one which is terminated. In our list of case status you will have something like

.start

close

reopen

terminated 

When the case change the status to close you won't call the case close action, instead you wait for the feedback 'response' for a couple of days (this could be a site property setting) 

If you have a 'response', You or the user can change  the case status to reopen. 

For those that you don't have any 'response' in that period you can have a timer to change the case to status to terminated and then call the close case action to close the case. 

Hope that it helps you 

Thank you very much Alex. This is clear and makes sence. 

Hi Kawthar,

I think you could add more case status to cope these cases. 

Only after the case is really solved you should complete the case and then the process is final closed. 

Another approach is to trigger another process and relate the new one to the original case using the ParentCaseId field 

Hope that it helps. 

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your response. 

Having another process will complicate things since I already have subcases related to each Request. 

My question is: is there a way to reopen the case after closing it. I don't want to keep the case on hold, I want the IT owner to be able to reject close the case, and then the requester can reopen it if he like. 

Hi Kawthar,

There is no way to reopen a Case.  Each case in fact internally associated to a bpt process so when you close the case the process is closed. 

So my first suggestion that you can add a new case status is the one that you can use. You can leave the close and add new status called Reopen and another one which is terminated. In our list of case status you will have something like

.start

close

reopen

terminated 

When the case change the status to close you won't call the case close action, instead you wait for the feedback 'response' for a couple of days (this could be a site property setting) 

If you have a 'response', You or the user can change  the case status to reopen. 

For those that you don't have any 'response' in that period you can have a timer to change the case to status to terminated and then call the close case action to close the case. 

Hope that it helps you 

Thank you very much Alex. This is clear and makes sence. 

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.