[Multiple Selection Dropdown] [Bug] When searching and closing the dropdown with text on the search
multiple-selection-dropdown
Forge component by Leopoldo Ismael
Application Type
Reactive
Service Studio Version
11.11.9 (Build 46344)
Platform Version
11.11.3 (Build 29602)

When searching on the dropdown and then closing it with text on the search, the initial item list is not loaded again and the item list loaded is for the results with the search text, although the search box is empty and you cannot erase it.

Maybe there was some option that I didn't see but I tried some of the options and couldn't fix it and I wouldn't see this behaviour as a feature and not a bug ;)

Hi Luis

Thanks for the patience and for the examples provided.

I was able to find the issue and will publish a new version of the component with the fix.

Let me know if it fix the issue for you.

Thanks

Leopoldo

Hi Luis

Sorry for the late reply.
Can you tell me what version of the component are you using and what are the parameters you passing?

Leopoldo

Hey, sorry for the late reply, we're using the latest version and we're passing an item list pretty standard, with the 3 attributes (IsSelected, Id, DisplayTest).

These are the remaining properties.

Hi Luis

I did a test using the same configurations as you shown above, I'm still not able to replicate the issue in version 1.0.6 and not in 1.0.5. I recall this was a behavior happening in version 1.0.4, which was fixed in 1.0.5.

I can see a custom input parameter in your example. If I'm not mistaken, when you customize a forge component it will no longer update automatically. Do you know when was the customization made? 

If can provide a small OML with an example of the problem happening it would be great.

Thanks

Leopoldo

Hi Leonardo,

Didn't see the email on the reply so sorry for the late answer.
We are using the latest version. We started with 1.0.5, as that was the current in May when we first download the component but with this issue we upgraded it to 1.0.6 to see if that would fix it.
We added the customized input because of some of the requirements we had in our project.
Example OML where this happens attached and also you can see the behaviour in

https://luisfsantos.outsystemscloud.com/MSD_Demo/MSD_v1
or
https://luisfsantos.outsystemscloud.com/MSD_Demo/MSD_v2

Thanks

Edit: Steps to replicate this
1 - Open dropdown
2 - Write something in dropdown to get list shorter
3 - Select one of the options
4 - Close dropdown
5 - Reopen dropdown and notice that there is no text on input but the list is shorter as it was when closed

MSDDemo.oml

Hi Luis

Thanks for the patience and for the examples provided.

I was able to find the issue and will publish a new version of the component with the fix.

Let me know if it fix the issue for you.

Thanks

Leopoldo

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.