Is there a hybrid setup in OutSystems to have DEV, TEST, UAT servers in On-Premise environment and the Production environment in Microsoft Azure VM? Can we setup such configuration in Lifetime?
The objective of the client is to use the cloud capability of Scalability and extensibility for the production environment which would be easy to do in a cloud environment. The existing development and testing servers and core database servers would be still in On-Premises. The Production applications would be deployed to a cloud VM.
I could not find much details on this topic. https://www.outsystems.com/evaluation-guide/deploying-outsystems-hybrid-cloud/ is the only link which I could find which also does not have much info on it.
What are the practical difficulties we might face if we have above hybrid infrastructure? I could see difficulties in configuring API's over the firewall needs to be made as per each application, and complexity in authentication. I could only assess these. What other things to be taken into consideration? Is there any one working with such hybrid infrastructure, please share your thoughts on this.
Hello Somesh,
Please see few more links related to your query. Hope you will get some additional information with these links.
https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/51175/can-i-build-application-on-cloud-platform-and-deploy-to-on-premise-platform/
https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Enterprise_Customers/Maintenance_and_Operations/Set_Up_a_VPN_to_your_OutSystems_Cloud?
https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Setting_Up_OutSystems/Possible_setups_for_an_OutSystems_infrastructure?
https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Setting_Up_OutSystems/Possible_setups_for_an_OutSystems_infrastructure/OutSystems_Cloud_network_architecture
Thanks & Kind Regards,
Sachin