[Oracle Connector - P11] Calling Oracle stored procedure with LOB output parameters
oracle-connector-p11
Web icon
Forge component by Eduardo Oliveira
Application Type
Service
Service Studio Version
11.12.3 (Build 50494)
Platform Version
11.10.2 (Build 25738)

I'm calling an Oracle stored procedure that returns two parameters, a CLOB and a BLOB:

• For the CLOB, the corresponding variable in OutSystems is of type TEXT. For large CLOBs I get an error (ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error )
  • For the BLOB, the corresponding variable in OutSystems is of type BINARY. But I get error (unsupported type : System.Byte[]).

Any ideas how to do this?

Thank you but I'm not concerned about performance or storing LOBs. My question is how to return them as output parameters when calling an Oracle stored procedure.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Khalil,

The first error is happening in the Oracle database, so can you ask help for some DBA? 

The second one, I recommend check the data coming from the database and if it is ok, check the parse data in the C# code.

The procedure works well on it's own. But when called from OutSystems, TEXT type does not correctly represent a CLOB, and BINARY type does not correctly represent a BLOB.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.