Saving the list data into database
Application Type
Reactive

Hi,

I am beginner in outsystems, I have a list like this with input fields which I have to save it into the database based on some iterations.Can anyone guide me on this.

Hello rakshitha,

You need one button to save data firstly than on button click pass that data in list with create action with the help of for each loop 

Flow will be like this 

(Start point --> foreach loop (your list ) --> createaction from database (pass all the current data to it ) --> come back to for each loop(cycle) --> end

It will be save all your list 

P.S YOU need to create same field in database which is present in list

Thanks and regards,

Akshay Deshpande

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Rakshitha,

Did you try following these guides paths?
https://www.outsystems.com/training/paths/
They should provide you with the information and skills needed for this :)

yes

mvp_badge
MVP

And following the paths didn't give you the answer needed? 

In that case. What you want do is 

In your aggregate add a custom field called isChanged and set this to false

Then on the onChange event of the input field set the isChanged of the current record to true

On your save action (assuming the fields you edit are fields present in the database entity)  have a for each loop that goes over each record. And checks if the custom field isChanged is true. And if it is do a creatOrUpdate action

If your list has pagination, make sure to alert the user that changes will be lost when going to the next page. 

Hello rakshitha,

You need one button to save data firstly than on button click pass that data in list with create action with the help of for each loop 

Flow will be like this 

(Start point --> foreach loop (your list ) --> createaction from database (pass all the current data to it ) --> come back to for each loop(cycle) --> end

It will be save all your list 

P.S YOU need to create same field in database which is present in list

Thanks and regards,

Akshay Deshpande

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.