[Share Content Plugin] Error when generating app
share-content-plugin
Mobile icon
Forge component by Pedro Marques
Application Type
Mobile

Upon generating our app, we encounter this error:

We've noticed that this only occurs when we are using the latest version of MABS, but it works when we use MABS 7.2.
Also, our app can be generated with the latest MABS if the "Share Content" Asset is not consumed.

What could be the reason for this error and what might be the best solution for us to still use the latest version of MABS?

Thank you in advance!

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Jason,

I've just released a new version that's compatible with MABS 8.0.

I've also included a simple sample app, that was able to generate using MABS 8.0 as you can see below.

Let us know if you're able to use this new version.

Cheers,
Miguel

Thank you for this update Miguel! This finally works!

Best Regards,
Jason

I think is because of this. They are not yet in the last version. But I see a lot of people saying they get errors when using mabs8 and they need to put back 7.2 because of compatibility as you said. As said, all plugins should go to 8 to you to use mabs8.

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/73877/mabs-8-is-being-rolled-out/#Post305270

Let me know if this answers you.

Kind Regards,

Márcio

Thank you for the reply Márcio! But sadly, after updating and republishing the plugin, we still got the same error. It seems that the [Share Content] Component was last updated on February last year, while the roll out for MABS 8.0 was around October, which might be the reason why it's still giving the same error.

We've also tried other Components from the Forge which may give as the same functionality, but to no luck they're also giving the same error, since it seems that they are using the same plugin.

Kind Regards,

Jason

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Jason,

I've just released a new version that's compatible with MABS 8.0.

I've also included a simple sample app, that was able to generate using MABS 8.0 as you can see below.

Let us know if you're able to use this new version.

Cheers,
Miguel

Thank you for this update Miguel! This finally works!

Best Regards,
Jason

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.