OutSystems 11 reactive web app using .Net 5
Question
Application Type
Reactive
Platform Version
11.14.0 (Build 34092)

I want to rebuild my existing web application which is build over .NET framework 4.8 in OutSystem but not sure the current Outsystem version which is used to develop reactive web application is running on latest .NET version like .NET5 or 6 or its running on .NET framework 4.8. Also what is version of React.js being used in front end widgets/components.

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Gaurav,

With OutSystems 11 it's not possible to deploy and run your apps on Linux containers. OutSystems did start with the migration to .NET Core (notice that .NET Core 3.1 is also installed with the platform), but as you can read in the article, it's a whole process and they cannot migrate everything at once.

On the positive side of things, with Project Neo that was recently announced during OSDC 2021, you will be able to run your apps on Linux containers and Kubernetes using a microservice architecture. Also .NET Framework 4.x will be migrated to .NET 6.

If you are interested to try out Project Neo, you can sign up for the public EAP here.

Regards,

Nordin

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Gaurav,

Microsoft .NET framework 4.8 is installed with the latest OutSystems platform server version 11.14.0. Check out additional software requirements section here.

The current app runtime for Reactive Web Apps is React 16.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nordin

Thanks for replying Nordin, What I want to know that can I deploy my app on Linux containers without any dependencies on IIS and Window server etc. As .NET Core is machine and platform independent and Outsystem supports it then it should not be a problem. Please suggest.

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Gaurav,

With OutSystems 11 it's not possible to deploy and run your apps on Linux containers. OutSystems did start with the migration to .NET Core (notice that .NET Core 3.1 is also installed with the platform), but as you can read in the article, it's a whole process and they cannot migrate everything at once.

On the positive side of things, with Project Neo that was recently announced during OSDC 2021, you will be able to run your apps on Linux containers and Kubernetes using a microservice architecture. Also .NET Framework 4.x will be migrated to .NET 6.

If you are interested to try out Project Neo, you can sign up for the public EAP here.

Regards,

Nordin

Thanks for sharing this details, its what I was looking for and wants to know, So if today I create apps using OutSystems 11 , Can those apps going to migrate to Project Neo automatically once the product is Generally Available, mean outsystem will take care of this as technically its looks like a big and complex task to migrate from .NET framework to .NET core and run our apps on Linux containers and Kubernetes using a microservice architecture.  Also any idea when this Project Neo is going to release and any links for more information about this project to build an application.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.