[Create PDF Images] How to install from forge when install option does not appear?
Question
createpdfimages
Web icon
Forge component by J Miguel Garcia

Hello community,

I'm having trouble installing a forge component in my personal environment.

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/2480/create-pdf-images

because the install option does not appear.

For example:

1.  I got to download the OAP version. But this option does not appear when trying to insert the file.

2.  I also did the search directly from my personal environment "Instal from Forge", but still I was not successful and I couldn't install. Just appears the option open Module, and doesnt open, just the demo open. 

What would be the alternative to install a forge component when the install option does not appear?

Regards, 

Jessica Marques. 

Solution

Usually what I do is,

• I download the asset;
  • Open the asset(Click 2x on the downloaded asset) in my SS(its the same as open like the image that Akshay shared) and it starts to install;
  • You can do it also from the Service Centre on the Application;

Have a look at this post too, it talks also about installing from the service center :)

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/67993/how-to-add-a-forge-aplication-module-to-my-app/

EDIT:

I saw that it goes to the integration studio. so to install the extension you do this.

1-put your environment.

Then you verify and save, and then you publish. Look at the image below.

After this, you will be able to see it in your service center.

This is why you cannot install on service studio because this can only be open on Integration Studio.

After that you will be able to see the extension

Let me know if it helps

Regards,

Márcio

Hello Márcio, 

Thanks for your answer. I download the asset as you indicated. But when I try to insert appears a error:  "file you have submitted does not seem to be a valid Oml file. Please try to open in Service Studio, verify and save, and upload again."

Please, Let me know if I´m doing some thing wrong. 

Regards, 

Jessica. 

Hi, I will try with the Integration Studio. 

Thanks. 

I have updated my comment. That is an integration studio file. That must be open from the integration studio.

EDIT:

I saw that it goes to the integration studio. so to install the extension you do this.

1-do the login on the integration studio for your environment.

Then you verify and save, and you publish. Look at the image below.

After this, you will be able to see it in your service studio.

This is why you cannot install on service studio because this can only be open on Integration Studio.

After that you will be able to see the extension

Have a look at this post to see how to configure your compiler

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/9519/how-to-configure-integration-studio-to-work-with-net-and-java-j2ee-extensions/

I could not compile because I don't have my integration studio configurated.

Regards,

Márcio

Hi Marcio, 

With integration Studio it works. 

Thank you a lot!

Glad that I could help Jessica!

Regards,

Márcio

Hello jessica, 

In Addition, do one thing download that component ,go to open with,  search for your download OML in your local system click that and after that publish

and used the dependency of that published OML in your application (it will go to independent module)

Thanks and Regards,
Akshay Deshpande

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.