Limit list items to be shown and limit list items to be clicked
Question
Application Type
Reactive

Hi Community,

I have two questions regarding a checkbox list and can't seem to find a solution for it. I did also attach a OML with my logic so far.

I also did check the forge if there any example on there (Multi Select Checkbox Reactive Web Application and Multiple Selection Dropdown Widget (Reactive And Mobile))

1. In the example below I do have 9 items in my list and want to limit the shown items to 5. Does the list contain more than 5 items a "Show More" text needs to be shown. Is there a way to limit the amount of records shown from a list? And then how do I show all records when I click on show more?
  2. In the example above you can see I have a list with checkbox items. I also do have a input parameter where I want to control the amount. With some filters only one checkbox may be selected and with other filters all checkboxes may be selected. Is there a way to set the maximum number of options that can be selected?

Thanks in advance,

Bart

MultiSelectExample.oml

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Bart,

Based on my understanding of the use case, I have introduced few logic with an additional input parameter called SingleSelection.

See this demo screen: MultiSelectCheckboxDemo

I hope this helps you!

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

RWA_Lab_CustomMultiSelect.oml

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Bart,

I had tried to build the mentioned use case with a few code changes in the shared implementation, and it's working as expected. Refer to the attached .oml file.

See this demo screen: MultiSelectCheckboxDemo

I hope this helps you!

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi @Benjith Sam,

Thanks for your reply and your time to work out a working example. The provided solution is 90% of what I was looking for but I think I did not mention it properly. In one of the mentioned use cases you should only be able to select 1 checkbox. The other checkboxes should not be disabled. When you select another checkbox, the previous checkbox must be unchecked and the new one checked. When I think of this, you could say this is the behaviour of a radio button group but then with checkboxes.

Best,

Bart

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Bart,

Based on my understanding of the use case, I have introduced few logic with an additional input parameter called SingleSelection.

See this demo screen: MultiSelectCheckboxDemo

I hope this helps you!

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi Benjith,

Thanks. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Best,

Bart

mvp_badge
MVP

You're welcome, Bart.

Glad to help you!

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.