MariaDB supported as External DB?
Application Type
Reactive

I'm brand new to OS and testing out the core requirements for a successful project. 

I have searched extensively but found no answer to the question: Is MariaDB supported as an external DB? 

According to cPanel the MySQL version installed by my webhosting provider is:

MySQL Version10.3.32-MariaDB-cll-lve

Thanks in advance!

Hello Dirk Stoltz

Officially, MariaDB is not supported by OutSystems. 

Even so, you can perform some connection tests with MariaDB using the MySQL connection. 

OutSystems is based on DotNET, I believe that the MySQL ADO Connector will connect your MariaDB server without great problems.

Test and give us a feedback.

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hello Dirk.

Like Daniel, I assume MySQL and MariaDB will have similar requirements.

Even if no one mentions MariaDB specifically, you can try on your own with the free Personal Environment. I connected mine to an external MySQL years ago.

mvp_badge
MVP

That was indeed my reasoning Nuno, thanks.

Hi Daniel

Of course I watched the video... twice. Honestly, I searched both this forum and the Internet in general for WAY more than an hour.

So no, that video is not a source of information for my question. 

Hello Dirk Stoltz

Officially, MariaDB is not supported by OutSystems. 

Even so, you can perform some connection tests with MariaDB using the MySQL connection. 

OutSystems is based on DotNET, I believe that the MySQL ADO Connector will connect your MariaDB server without great problems.

Test and give us a feedback.

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hello Dirk.

Like Daniel, I assume MySQL and MariaDB will have similar requirements.

Even if no one mentions MariaDB specifically, you can try on your own with the free Personal Environment. I connected mine to an external MySQL years ago.

mvp_badge
MVP

That was indeed my reasoning Nuno, thanks.

Thanks guys, I will try using a connection string once my hosting provider provides it. 

We specifically asked for MySQL and it was a surprise to find out that we actually have MariaDB. Since it is early days for this project, would you suggest that we change to vanilla MySQL?

mvp_badge
MVP

If it is early days, why not check if it works with MariaDB, should take long to validate that

I agree with Daniel, try out MariaDB first. If you have problems during the tests, ask your provider change to MySQL.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.