Large Local Variable in ViewState - List of Structure

Hi,

I have a Local Variable in a WebBlock. This variable is a list of a structure, and it's a source record of a table. 

I have some screen actions when I use this list (for actions like append and clear). And this is generating technical debts about large local variable in view state.

I thought in create a server action with this list as output, and use this output in the webblock. But the problem is that when I change the page, I lose the data that I have on the previous page.

Any suggestion of how can I solve this problem?

Thank you!

(Traditional Web - OutSystems 11)

Solution

Nope. you need to save somewhere else to you to be able to get the data every time there is any event on the screen.

Kind Regards,

Márcio

Are you saving in the database?

If not, check this question, where it has the same error, where is using a local variable and adding things to the local variable list, but when it changes screen or closes or refresh it will lose everything.

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/76956/structure/?utm_source=community&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=forum-reply#Post317469

Let me know.

Kind Regards,

Márcio

No, it's not saving in db. There's no other way to solve this without creating an entity, right?

Solution

Nope. you need to save somewhere else to you to be able to get the data every time there is any event on the screen.

Kind Regards,

Márcio

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.