[BDDFramework] Can't get BDD Framework to work
bddframework
Web icon
Forge component by Platform Maintenance
Application Type
Reactive
Service Studio Version
11.14.11 (Build 59394)

I am trying to use the BDD framework.  I have been through every tutorial and guide available online.  While I think I understand the way it's supposed to work, I can't get it to function properly.

I have set up the simplest possible test I can created.  I have one application with a single table and single 'save' action.  In my BDD application, I am only testing that one event.  However, when I try to run the test, I get a message that says:

Internal Error

An internal error occurred and was logged.
Please try again later or contact the administration team.

I've been very frustrated with the BDD application.  We need it in order to build with Outsystems, and it looks like others have gotten it to work.  I believe everyting is set up correctly.  However, it is not working.  Cany anyone provide advice?

Test.PNG

Solution

Can you check the error in Service Center?

Another thing is, can you try by putting your screen as Anonymous? I think you need that, if you don't have a login screen to do login, and you cant do login it's going to give you that error I think

I am saying to put as anonymous because you don't have a way to do login, you can see the screen if you are logged or you have the registered role, for that you need to login first.

For reference, I'm attaching my test app, and the BDD app that tests it.

TestAppBDD.oml

App to be tested

TestApp.oml

Solution

Can you check the error in Service Center?

Another thing is, can you try by putting your screen as Anonymous? I think you need that, if you don't have a login screen to do login, and you cant do login it's going to give you that error I think

I am saying to put as anonymous because you don't have a way to do login, you can see the screen if you are logged or you have the registered role, for that you need to login first.

Marcio - You rock.

By making it anonymous, I am able to get it to work.  I'm glad the testing is working the way I expected.  My only concern now is how do I make this not be anonymous?

When I create the testing App, I can choose to make it off the BDD template which does not allow login (I have to make all my test screens anonymous to work).  Or, I can make a normal reactive web app and create the BDD as a dependency.  However, when I do it this way, the BDD UI does not come over.

I made a short video to show what's going on.

https://share.vidyard.com/watch/rABpcWAzZhnybY2y6XP2KU?

Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong.

Hi Terry, that may depend if you are working on a licensed platform edition or your personal. For the former I'd recommend the same suggestion I gave elsewhere on this component's forums [1]. For the latter, I'm afraid you'd have to customize BDDFramework for it to embed some sort of token authentication, perhaps...?

[1] https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/77006/anonymous-access-to-bbd-framework-tests-is-there-any-option/#Post318001

Hope this helped,

Pedro

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.