[InputMask React] Currency mask has pre defined placeholder as 0
inputmask-react
Reactive icon
Forge component by João Barata
Application Type
Reactive

Hello,

I'm using this plugin for masking a currency input. In that input everytime I focus it the placeholder is replaced automatically by a 0 and everytime that input is empty the 0 is shown. I want to show my placeholder instead. 

I also checked previous questions and I see that someone advised to check the source code, but I guess the code was changed since I checked the lines mentioned in that answer and they do not match with the script I have in my environment. 

Thanks  

Hello Antonio,

I did some changes for javascript file "inputmask_min" of InputMask React. 

I commented functions "focusEvent" and "mouseenterEvent"

Kindly find JS file attached so try to copy content of attached file and replace content of existing file into InputMask React

inputmask_min.js

Thank you so much Mostafa, it solved the problem perfectly. 

Wish you the best

Note: For those who use this file in the future and want the text aligned to the left just search in for  e.style.textAlign="right" and change it to "left".

One more thing, when you write a 0 you can't  delete it and it is persistent unless you write another number on top of that 0. Do you know why it happens? I was searching it all day and I haven't found a solution yet.

Hello Antonio

If you write 0 it will deal with it like any value but when u delete it and go outside textbox it will show your placeholder again.

If you can explain me more about scenario that you want to achieve it may help me understand more.

Basically, if the input value is 0 and you press the backspace button to delete it the 0 is never deleted. Only if you writte any other number on top of it that will replace the 0 by that number and only then you can delete the value and show the placeholder.

inputMaskReact0.JPG

Hello Antonio

If you write 0 it will deal with it like any value but when u delete it and go outside textbox it will show your placeholder again.

If you can explain me more about scenario that you want to achieve it may help me understand more.

Hello Antonio,

I did some changes for javascript file "inputmask_min" of InputMask React. 

I commented functions "focusEvent" and "mouseenterEvent"

Kindly find JS file attached so try to copy content of attached file and replace content of existing file into InputMask React

inputmask_min.js

Thank you so much Mostafa, it solved the problem perfectly. 

Wish you the best

Note: For those who use this file in the future and want the text aligned to the left just search in for  e.style.textAlign="right" and change it to "left".

One more thing, when you write a 0 you can't  delete it and it is persistent unless you write another number on top of that 0. Do you know why it happens? I was searching it all day and I haven't found a solution yet.

Hello Antonio

Basically, if the input value is 0 and you press the backspace button to delete it the 0 is never deleted. Only if you writte any other number on top of it that will replace the 0 by that number and only then you can delete the value and show the placeholder.

inputMaskReact0.JPG

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.