[Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3)] How to set S3-ServerSideEncryption when using [Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3)]
aws-simple-storage-service
Reactive icon
Forge component by Platform Maintenance
Application Type
Reactive

I have a S3 bucket and I have download file from the S3 bucket via [Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3)] successfully. But when I try to upload file to the same S3 bucket via the same account, I am getting "Access Denied".

I found it is due to that the S3 bucket require S3-ServerSideEncryption while uploading. 

How to set S3-ServerSideEncryption in [Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3)]?

Solution

Hi Charmonder,

I tried the [Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3)]  component to upload and download a file to a bucket, with Server Side Encryption enabled, successfully. 

What the component currently does not support is to specify a different key and encryption method other than the one configured as default for the s3 bucket.

Could it be that the account you're using doesn't have the necessary permissions to upload to that bucket? Have you managed to overcome the issue?

Hi Pedro,

The account should have access for the upload. I have use AWS console to upload file manually successfully.

But you are correct, this S3-ServerSideEncryption is not configured as default encryption method for the S3 bucket I'm using. When I upload manually, it will require me to choose the S3-ServerSideEncryption.

Thank you for this information.

Hey Charmonder,

I recommend using this forge component instead:  https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/2929/aws-s3-extension

I managed to upload files without any issue via their PutObject method.

Regards,

Lorena

Hi Lorena,

Thanks for your suggestion. 

Regards,

Charmonder

Solution

Hi Charmonder,

I tried the [Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3)]  component to upload and download a file to a bucket, with Server Side Encryption enabled, successfully. 

What the component currently does not support is to specify a different key and encryption method other than the one configured as default for the s3 bucket.

Could it be that the account you're using doesn't have the necessary permissions to upload to that bucket? Have you managed to overcome the issue?

Hi Pedro,

The account should have access for the upload. I have use AWS console to upload file manually successfully.

But you are correct, this S3-ServerSideEncryption is not configured as default encryption method for the S3 bucket I'm using. When I upload manually, it will require me to choose the S3-ServerSideEncryption.

Thank you for this information.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.