How to send a Email
Application Type
Mobile

Hi 

I am currently making an application for applications, where you have the Full Name, Contact, WhatsApp Contact, Citizen Card Number, Location, Availability, Your Characteristics, Date of Birth, Year of Schooling, Face Photo and Body Photo .
I wanted that every application that was completed would be sent by email to me, I already tried several solutions I found on the internet but none of them worked.
Can anyone help me?

Solution

Hi, Ana Andrade Please follow these steps.

I keep hearing that people have trouble or got errors while sending emails from their own personal environment in Outsystems. I have done that in my personal cloud. So here we go,

Steps to send email from your personal environment,

• Log in to the service center, go to the Administration tab and then click on Email Menu.
  • Use google's SMTP server if you don't have one.
  • Use port 587 or 465.
  • Username and password will be your Gmail mail ID and password.
  • You can set the default sender here, if no one is mentioned for the sender then this mail will be used.
  • The test List address is to send a copy of the mail to comma-separated address lists.
  • Save the settings.
  • After saving go to one of the application modules and do a publish to affect the changes.
  • Now you are all done with the email configuration.

Gmail configuration steps,

• Login to your google account.
  • Click on Profile Icon --> manage your google account --> Security,
  • Now turn off two-step verification.
  • Turn On Less Secure App Access.
  • That's it.

Errors while sending emails?

• Don't worry, sometimes google won't trust the third party access.
  • So that we need to change our Gmail password.
  • Important:- After a password update, you need to enter the updated password in the service center Email configuration above and save the changes.
  • Then do a publish again in your module.
  • Now try sending emails, It Should work!!

I just did everything and it still gives me the authentication failed 

Please share your OML. Then only we could assist you with what is an issue with that authentication?

Thanks

Ankit S.

Hi Ana,

Could you post your service center error logs regarding this issue?

Regards,

Dinesh Kumar.

just share the screenshot of your email configuration and service center error. 

Hi Ana,

In order to make OutSystems send an email from web or mobile app, first you need to do the system configuration. Please check Configure OutSystems to Send Emails Documentation (outsystems.com) , and then check if you have programmed it well to trigger the email functions. Do refer How to send Emails in Outsystems Version 11 | OutSystems 

Want to learn more about Email function, 

Regards,

Swatantra

Hi @Ana Andrade ,

Along with the configurations made in the service center, you have to make some changes on the Gmail settings.

you should enable IMAP Access.

You can refer the below link as well for configurations and settings.

https://www.gmass.co/blog/gmail-smtp/#setup

Best Regards,

Sreejith Surendran

Hi @Ana Andrade 

I just want to confirm one thing is your SMTP configurations working fine ,

means are you able to receive any  email .

I have done this functionality and i can help you if your SMTP configuration working fine.

Reply as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Jitendra

Hi, Thank you 

Do you want me to send here or a messege

Hi Ana,

As Swatantra Kumar mentioned to send an email in OutSystems first you have to configure Email Settings in the Service center and If you are using the Gmail setting then you have to make your account less secure then it will allow you to send an email.

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255#zippy=%2Cif-less-secure-app-access-is-on-for-your-account

https://accounts.google.com/DisplayUnlockCaptcha

On the monitoring email gives me an authentication failed, how can i solve this ?

Solution

Hi, Ana Andrade Please follow these steps.

I keep hearing that people have trouble or got errors while sending emails from their own personal environment in Outsystems. I have done that in my personal cloud. So here we go,

Steps to send email from your personal environment,

• Log in to the service center, go to the Administration tab and then click on Email Menu.
  • Use google's SMTP server if you don't have one.
  • Use port 587 or 465.
  • Username and password will be your Gmail mail ID and password.
  • You can set the default sender here, if no one is mentioned for the sender then this mail will be used.
  • The test List address is to send a copy of the mail to comma-separated address lists.
  • Save the settings.
  • After saving go to one of the application modules and do a publish to affect the changes.
  • Now you are all done with the email configuration.

Gmail configuration steps,

• Login to your google account.
  • Click on Profile Icon --> manage your google account --> Security,
  • Now turn off two-step verification.
  • Turn On Less Secure App Access.
  • That's it.

Errors while sending emails?

• Don't worry, sometimes google won't trust the third party access.
  • So that we need to change our Gmail password.
  • Important:- After a password update, you need to enter the updated password in the service center Email configuration above and save the changes.
  • Then do a publish again in your module.
  • Now try sending emails, It Should work!!

I just did everything and it still gives me the authentication failed 

Please share your OML. Then only we could assist you with what is an issue with that authentication?

Thanks

Ankit S.

Hi Ana,

Could you post your service center error logs regarding this issue?

Regards,

Dinesh Kumar.

just share the screenshot of your email configuration and service center error. 

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.