Views
Comments
How to add songs and audio to a button?
Question
Application Type
Mobile

Hi, I'm trying to make a music app. Simple. I would like to add songs to a button. How could I do this? Screenshots are welcome. Thank you.

Charles

Hello Charles,

I guess the following forum Post(link) will work for you.

Link - https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/68709/about-adding-audio-mp3-file-and-playing-it/

Best Regards,

Dinesh Kumar.

Thank you I tried that but I don't understand it. I even downloaded the oml. file. Any other suggestions?

I found a way to add music to a button using query, but when I press the button again it plays again, rather I want it to stop

Hi Charles,

Please see the attached OML as sample.

In this sample I have uploaded the mp3 file and display in block using HTML5Video widget.

SongsSample.oml

Please use this mp3.

sample-3s.mp3

Thanks now how do I add the mp3 to the html5video block? Also, this block doesn't appear in any modules. Is there a way to create it?

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Charles,

Refer to this post: https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/68982/stop-a-sound-i-played-onclick-from-a-popup-button/#Post277136

I hope this helps you!

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

Thank you,

Im still having trouble with getting the sound to stop from the button. Preferably a switch.

How do you get a button to stop playing the sound and start again if clicked again?

Click once: play sound

Click while playing sound: stop sound

Click again: play sound from start

Using Javascript

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Charles,

Sorry for the late reply. Check out the attached oml for the stated use case. The latest implementation also uses the same block with a bit of logic change in the screen level for the switch control.

See the demo: HTML5AudioPlayerSwitchDemo

JS Snippet:

var audioPlayer = document.querySelector('#' + $parameters.audioElementId);

// Play audio
audioPlayer.play();

// Stop the running audio
audioPlayer.pause();
audioPlayer.currentTime = 0; // reset the track current time to 0

I hope this helps you!

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

MobileLabHTML5AudioPlayer.oml

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.