Installing outsystems web application into IIS

Hello All, I'm new to outsystems. Please pardon me if my question sounds absurd.

If a develop a web app and deploy it on my own enterprise managed servers (windows/IIS), do we need to have any OutSystems platform be installed in the windows server for the app to be running or only IIS should be sufficient?

Also, will we be able to see the .net files - aspx/C# in this case? Or, it would only be visible if we wish to opt out of OS completely?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi,

Only if you have an enterprise license, you can install OutSystems on-premise. You would install an infrastructure similar to what OutSystems does for its customer in the cloud.  If you have OutSystems on premise, you will be able to see the generated code. 

If you have and OutSystems cloud (free, like in your personal environment) you will never have access to the generated code, and you can also not run it on your own servers.

If you have a Cloud paid license, you can also not see the code, but you get access to it if you end the license with OutSystems. With this code and instructions documented by OutSystems you can run the application on your on servers. If you need a code change, you will have to update the generated code. After the detach process you no longer have the OutSystems tools like Service Studio to change your application the low-code way.

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/66302/about-the-detach-process/

Regards,

Daniel

Daniël Kuhlmann

Much thanks, appreciate your response on this.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.