Form Validation on mandatory fields doesn't work
Question

Hi all!

I came across a problem I don't understand...

I've got two adaptive columns. Each column has a form in it. On each form there are several input fields, some of them are mandatory. in Form1 there is a save button. If I click the save button then it checks only form1 valid or only form 1 can be valid or non valid by a mandatory field. In the onclick action of the button I added a if branch with validation of both forms. But form 2 is always valid regardless of the input on that form.

Hi Markus,

For buttons inside a form, built-in validations only go off on fields inside that form.

For buttons outside a form, built-in validations go off on all fields in and outside forms on that screen.

Dorine

All above is about Reactive, but we are not 100% sure that's what you are looking at, maybe add tag to your question

Hello Markus,

Can you please share your oml file ?

you can refer below discussion,

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/57722/input-data-mandatory-field-option-not-working/

Thanks,

Ajit Kurane.

Hey Ajit,

I'm sorry I can't share the oml due to company restrictions.

What I also see is, that only the input widgets of the form, the save button is in show a red star as symbol of mandatory. In the other form it isn't marked with a red star. 

The other topic you linked didn't help. I found it before adding my question.

Under properties of the button the Built-in validation is set to yes and "is form default" is set to no.

Hi Markus,

For buttons inside a form, built-in validations only go off on fields inside that form.

For buttons outside a form, built-in validations go off on all fields in and outside forms on that screen.

Dorine

All above is about Reactive, but we are not 100% sure that's what you are looking at, maybe add tag to your question

Hello Dorine,

I think I found it myself just a second ago. And it is exactly what you said: The button must be outside of the form.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.