OutSystems Agile Platform 7.0 is OUT!

OutSystems Agile Platform 7.0 is OUT!

If you did not join us at NextStep 2012 (shame on you) this may come as a surprise but… the Agile Platform version 7.0 is OUT and ready to download!

Furthering our push for Enterprise Development simplicity, we introduced LifeTime, the new integrated staging technology that will make Operation across your systems, from Development, through Testing and down to Production a breeze! The simplicity you have come to expect from the Agile Platform during your development experience has now stretched further to DevOps!

Also noteworthy, for all you open stack fans, is the synchronization of Java Agile Platform releases with .Net! Yes you have access to all the goodness of version 6.0 _and_ 7.0 in Java… right now!

There are lots of other neat things that you can find more about here.

Enjoy your new life with 7.0! :)

Miguel
I just read the document... WOW!

I can't wait to try out the multi-tenancy stuff. While I've made quite a tidy amount of money selling my SaaS Framework that addresses the SaaS scenarios, it still had to jump through hoops around multi-tenancy. Upgrading it to 7.0 will make it an even easier "starter kit" for folks looking to work in this environment.

Thanks!

J.Ja
Nice!

The feature that interest me most is Agile Platform  "Lifetime"! 

Although I cant seem to find a way to access this application?
LifeTime looks promising :-)
Good Job guys and girls !!!
Interesting stuff.

would love to see the impact on SU's of the multi-tenancy
Community edition license is only for version6, can't we use version7 with community edition?
João Ramos wrote:
Community edition license is only for version6, can't we use version7 with community edition?

Hi João

Just download the Agile Platform 7.0 Community Edition full installation to install a 7.0 Community platform and license.

You can download it form http://www.outsystems.com/download/full.

By the why, when did you receive this license on your email?

Cheers

Miguel Simões João
I've received the license at 11-05-2012 19:03 but not for this account e-mail, if you want more details i can give you.
Now i've asked for license again for this profile e-mail and i've received the e-mail with license for version 6, it won't work for version 7.0.
Very cool new features. Thanks for your hard work guys :)
Robert wrote:
Nice!

The feature that interest me most is Agile Platform  "Lifetime"! 

Although I cant seem to find a way to access this application?

Hi Robert,

To have access to Lifetime you will have to contact us, since this component is only available in the Enterprise Edition of the platform.

Please follow the link below to contact our sales team:
http://www.outsystems.com/company/contact-us/

Thanks!
Ricardo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Robert,

To have access to Lifetime you will have to contact us, since this component is only available in the Enterprise Edition of the platform.

Please follow the link below to contact our sales team:
http://www.outsystems.com/company/contact-us/

Thanks!

Thanks Richardo

Request sent!
João Ramos wrote:
I've received the license at 11-05-2012 19:03 but not for this account e-mail, if you want more details i can give you.
Now i've asked for license again for this profile e-mail and i've received the e-mail with license for version 6, it won't work for version 7.0.

Hi João.

I assume you've used the community license request available at http://www.outsystems.com/community-edition-request/, right?

We've detected a glitch on that process that is still sending the old 6.0 license, and we're working on fixing that. We will let you know when it's fixed.

If you got the license from another way, please let us know, so we can check that as well.

Thanks

Cheers

Miguel Simões João
Hi João (and All)

Just letting you know that the Community Edition license has been updated to support 7.0 versions.

Cheers
Miguel Simões João
Miguel Simões João wrote:
Hi João (and All)

Just letting you know that the Community Edition license has been updated to support 7.0 versions.

Cheers
Miguel Simões João

Thanks Miguel, I will test it later at home.
I was in NextStep and i would like to congratulate you all for the work presented.
Where can I find the Agile Platform Community Edition version in Java stack for download?

Thanks.
jjs
Hi João,

To install the Agile Platform 7.0 Community Edition for Java please follow the steps in the installation checklist:
http://www.outsystems.com/goto/checklist-7-JEE

When you reach the step named "Upload your license", please request community edition license request in:
http://www.outsystems.com/community/license/
After you receive the license in your email, follow the check list instructions to upload it.

Thanks!
Still no support for .NET Framework 4.0?
Carlos Henriques wrote:
Still no support for .NET Framework 4.0?

Is this a true statement?

Support for .Net 4.0 is in our roadmap. We're evaluating with our customer base this requirement (needs of integrating with .Net 4.0 code versus droping support for existing integrations with legacy code / backward compatibility).
Up until now, we have no specific plans on the expected date/version on which support for .Net 4 will be released.

As part of our goal to continuously keep the platform up to date to our customers' technology landscape, let me share with you one of the latest enhancements we have just launched in the 7.0.0.10 revision patch:
  • Microsoft SQL Server 2012 added to the supported external databases list - You are now able to integrate with existing Microsoft SQL Server 2012 databases, via Integration Studio, making their content available to be used in your applications.

Check in this document what else is new in the Agile Platform 7.0.
Hi,

So happy about this news but Outsystems what about some of the little annoying bugs you have acknowledged but have yet to fix?

Environment Configuration: Date Format - defaulting always back to YYYY-MM-DD regardless of what setting you choose. This has been going on since version 6!!

and this great post 

http://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/9210/cloud-apps-on-the-agile-platform-please-do-not-add-anymore-features/#Post29118
Arlindo Lima wrote:
As part of our goal to continuously keep the platform up to date to our customers technology landscape, let me share with you one of the latest enhancements we have just launched in the 7.0.0.10 revision patch:
  • Microsoft SQL Server 2012 added to the supported external databases list - You are now able to integrate with existing Microsoft SQL Server 2012 databases, via Integration Studio, making their content available to be used in your applications.

Check in this document what else is new in the Agile Platform 7.0.

Hello Arlindo,

Would this functionality also by applied in older versions? 6.0? 5.1? 5.0?

Since then OS could already been installed on a sql server 2012.

Kind regards,
Evert
@Mark: That date format problem has already been solved. Are you using a recent revision patch of the Platform Server? Have you recompiled the eSpaces for the changes to take effect?

@Evert: The support for SQL Server 2012 is only for versions 7.0+ and, currently, only as an external database. The platform is not supported on top of SQL Server 2012, yet. [edit: SQL Server 2012 support is now available since 7.0.0.19]
@Arlindo - I was running 7.0.5 and it was not fixed, however with 7.09 it is! 

Thank you.