[Touch ID Plugin] TouchID is not defined

Forge Component
(11)
Published on 2018-12-06 by OutSystems R&D
11 votes
Published on 2018-12-06 by OutSystems R&D

I am getting this message in CheckTouchIdPlugin. Where is supposed this id to be defined?

Hi Filipe,

If you're getting that message, probably you're using the plugin in a generated the native application. Touch ID only works natively (not on browser preview) and on a generated native application that is using the Touch ID Plugin (not on OS Now).

Is this the case?

Kind Regards,

João Grazina

Grazina wrote:

Hi Filipe,

If you're getting that message, probably you're using the plugin in a generated the native application. Touch ID only works natively (not on browser preview) and on a generated native application that is using the Touch ID Plugin (not on OS Now).

Is this the case?

Kind Regards,

João Grazina

Hi @Grazina,

I am testing an app that uses the Touch ID plugin natively on an Android device, and also get the error that the Touch Id is not defined. As for this thread, I updated the dependencies and reinstalled the native app (as well as trying the app with OutSystems Now just in case). I keep on getting the message that Touch Id is not defined, and after digging a bit in the Touch Id plugin, the origin is this:

, which means that there is an issue with the Fingerprint plugin of Android. I cannot find the solution anywhere, do you have any idea on how to solve this?

Thank you in advance.