[Discovery] Discovery 4.0.4 (O10) with included module extension "CryptoAPI.xif"

Forge Component
(83)
Published on 2018-11-30 by João Rafael Capucha
83 votes
Published on 2018-11-30 by João Rafael Capucha

Hi all!

Discovery 4.0.4 (O10) was last published back on 30 November 2018 and is the most recent version.

It now includes the extension module "CryptoAPI.xif" which is part of the application "CryptoAPI".

Previous Discovery 4.0.2 (O10), marked under development, was dependent on the application CryptoAPI because of that module extension.

When now I try to automatically update Discover 4.0.2 to 4.0.4 through Service Studio, it indicates that is not safe and I need to force the install.

I think that it would be better that Discovery would still depend on the CrytpoAPI instead of including itself the module extension "CryptoAPI,xif".

What does the development team of Discovery, the Architecture Team, thinks about this suggestion?

--Tiago Bernardo

Hi,

Same problem here now. CryptoAPI also have some changes so would be nice if that reference was set or that the CryptoAPI modules was cloned and got another name. But not as it is now.

Kind regards,
Evert 

Hi!

I agree with the comments above.

This is "forcing"* us to move Discovery to environments that don't need it and discovery is very expensive on AOs.

* I do know that we can move it out by ourselves but next time we use the new OS 11 Dev. Studio upgrade option to upgrade Discovery it will put it back under this application. I do also know that we can use "Deploy Custom" to just deploy the extension part of the "Discovery" application but it will be simpler if we just leave it on its own application like it was before.

Regards,

Ricardo