Online Service Studio Platform

Hello,

Is there any change to access the service studio online and to develop the applications ?

Hi Mandeep,

No there is not. I think to have read that OutSystems has worked on a web version of Service Studio, but that is not available.

Regards,

Daniel

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi Mandeep,

No there is not. I think to have read that OutSystems has worked on a web version of Service Studio, but that is not available.

Regards,

Daniel

Hello,

Yeah they will need implement a web version, which helps us in developing applications from any PC just by accessing the cloud.

Regards,

Manideep

Hi,

You can vote for that on the Ideas page, I think someone already asked for it.

I personally do not think we get it, and if it will not be on par with what Service Studio can do right now.

Regards,

Daniel

Manideep Yadlapalli wrote:

Hello,

Is there any change to access the service studio online and to develop the applications ?

Hi Manideep,

Don’t existe any kind online version of service studio.

But you can install in any PC or Mac a OS ServiceStudio, and work in your personal environment. Your personal environment is install on cloud.

In last case, you can install the Service Studio in a machine and access then remotely.

I hope that I helped you.

Regards

Nuno Miguel Verdasca wrote:

Manideep Yadlapalli wrote:

Hello,

Hi Manideep,

Don’t existe any kind online version of service studio.

But you can install in any PC or Mac a OS ServiceStudio, and work in your personal environment. Your personal environment is install on cloud.

In last case, you can install the Service Studio in a machine and access then remotely.

I hope that I helped you.

Regards

Hi,

Thank you, Actually i am using the service studio in the way you explained. But i just want to know if there is any online IDE available where we can just run from browser without any installations.

Regards

Manideep

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi,

You can vote for that on the Ideas page, I think someone already asked for it.

I personally do not think we get it, and if it will not be on par with what Service Studio can do right now.

Regards,

Daniel

Hello,

As you have mentioned that someone has already wrote that Idea, I tried searching that in Ideas page but there i couldn't find what I am exactly looking for.

If you can navigate me to that particular post, that would be helpful.

Thanks & Regards

Manideep

Hi,

I thought someone posted the idea, but could not find it myself either.

I do recall an old forum discussion (2016) where is webversion of service studio is mentioned.

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/17543/beta-web-version-of-free-studio/

Anyhow, if there is no idea yet, you can create one. If it turns out there was already a simular idea it will probably get merged by OutSystems or one of the moderators of the community site.

Regards,

Daniel

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi,

I thought someone posted the idea, but could not find it myself either.

I do recall an old forum discussion (2016) where is webversion of service studio is mentioned.

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/17543/beta-web-version-of-free-studio/

Anyhow, if there is no idea yet, you can create one. If it turns out there was already a simular idea it will probably get merged by OutSystems or one of the moderators of the community site.

Regards,

Daniel

Hello,

I have already gone through that post and everything is been changed in OutSystems, Now there are no such options available.

Anyways I just created a new post "https://www.outsystems.com/ideas/7190/online-service-studio-platform-which-runs-in-browser?IsFromAdvancedSearch=True" regarding this issue.

Thanks & Regards

Manideep Yadlapalli

Hi Manideep,

I did a search in community, and I found that in the past the OS try to do this... I believe this is a anwser or solution for your question:

For now, that is an experimental web version which appears to first-time mac users. In reality, it's only a remote desktop to a windows machine, and should be used solely for evaluation (i.e. doing the tutorials).  There are several limitations:

• only 1 module at a time can be opened
  • when idle for 15 minutes it will disconnect
  • only works online and responsiveness will depend on your connection
  • it won't remember your connection settings
  • you can't access environments that are only inside your corporate network
  • it's not possible to debug
  • it's not possible to save files
  • it's not possible to upload application icons

If you want to do real work, I would advise to use a virtual machine (e.g. parallels) on your mac and install Service Studio there.

I hope that my answer has help you to clarify your doubt.

Best regards,

Nuno Miguel Verdasca

Nuno Miguel Verdasca wrote:

Hi Manideep,

I did a search in community, and I found that in the past the OS try to do this... I believe this is a anwser or solution for your question:

For now, that is an experimental web version which appears to first-time mac users. In reality, it's only a remote desktop to a windows machine, and should be used solely for evaluation (i.e. doing the tutorials).  There are several limitations:

• only 1 module at a time can be opened
  • when idle for 15 minutes it will disconnect
  • only works online and responsiveness will depend on your connection
  • it won't remember your connection settings
  • you can't access environments that are only inside your corporate network
  • it's not possible to debug
  • it's not possible to save files
  • it's not possible to upload application icons

If you want to do real work, I would advise to use a virtual machine (e.g. parallels) on your mac and install Service Studio there.

I hope that my answer has help you to clarify your doubt.

Best regards,

Nuno Miguel Verdasca

Hello,

Thanks for your search. But now there is no such interface available. If you can see the date of that post from where you got this information it is in 2016 - 2017. Now there are no such options available in OutSystems.

Thanks & Regards

Manideep Yadlapalli