Service Studio for 64-bit operating systems

Hi!

For those who don’t know me already, I’m a Product Manager at OutSystems, working on the future of our Service Studio.

And right now, the future of Service Studio is 64-bit only, guaranteeing that you’ll be able to take the best of modern computing while building your applications.

All modern PCs and Macs now include powerful 64-bit processors by default that boost performance for optimized software. And who wouldn’t want to take advantage of those benefits, right?

There’s still no end-of-life date for the 32-bit versions, but now is the perfect time to update your systems!

Can I keep using Service Studio in my 32-bit computers afterward?

Sure you can. The 32-bit version of Service Studio will still work with no negative impact on your development environment or your applications. However, you won’t have access to newer features that are released in newer versions of Service Studio.

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Thanks,

Tércio

Thank you, Tércio Soares.

Does this mean that new version of Service Studio will only install in 64-bit and you would have to download an earlier version to keep using it on 32-bit?

How will automatic updates be impacted by this?

Hanno

Hanno wrote:

Thank you, Tércio Soares.

Does this mean that new version of Service Studio will only install in 64-bit and you would have to download an earlier version to keep using it on 32-bit?

How will automatic updates be impacted by this?

Hanno

Hi Hanno.

Yes, that's exactly that what it means.

Automatic updates will update the 32-bit version until the last 32-bit version available. After that version on, if you want to have access to newer features we will have to migrate to a 64-bit PC or Mac.

Thanks,
Tércio

Nice New! When do you aspect to realease it?

TIA