[Enterprise Manager] Discussion

[Enterprise Manager] Discussion

Forge Component
(13)
Published on 2013-02-21 by OutSystems
13 votes
Published on 2013-02-21 by OutSystems
How to install Enterprise Manager?

Here's an How-To published in the forums recently: How to install Enterprise Manager.

Cheers,
Mário

How-to manage users in Enterprise Manager

Here's an how-to about managing users in Enterprise Manager, check it out here.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões
Please please decouple the richwidgets and the other extensions from Enterprise Manager

Why is this done for 5.1 ?

To push us to use Enterprise Manager !
No good idea.

Now we NEED to install EM in case we upgrade from 4.2 or 5.0 to 5.1
It's so much overhead ....
Hi Joop,

Maybe you already know this, but you can extract the individual files by double-clicking on the Enterprise_Manager.osp file and then clicking Extract:

After you've done this you'll have a folder in you hard drive that includes RichWidgets.oml.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões

Yes I've seen the extract button.
However, this is still a burden ...
Why does OutSystems pushes us to use Enterprise Manager ??

Just give us the possibility to download the seperate oml's
And the ability to sort the list of components :-)

How can I bootstrap my application to add a new page to the Users Node on Enterprise manager?

Hi Manuel,

Here's how to add a new page to the Users Node on Enterprise manager:

Have fun!
@Pedro

1) That adds a node, but what about the adding the web screens?
Hi Robert,

You have to create the web screen in the same eSpace where this configuration flow is written.
The entrypoint MyUserSpecificConfigurationEntryPoint indicates the entrypoint to that screen.

Once you import the application in Enterprise Manager you will have the link available in the user account page.

Check out the attached sample (5.1).

Cheers!

A simple question from a beginner.  Using 5.1.1.3 Service Studio and just having downloaded Enterprise Manager, how do I get the new Richwidgets set that came down with Enterprise manager to show up in my Richwidgets in Service Studio? 

If you have 5.1, when you install the community edition  locally or when use use the cloud trial server, EnterpriseManager is already preinstalled for you, so you don't need to do nothing. When you click the New Application button, you will notice in the eSpace tree at the right that you already have references to RichWidgets and EnterpriseManager done automatically for you.

Best Regards,
Gustavo Guerra
How can I remove a back office node in enterprise manager?

I have added a node with CfgNode_SetBackofficeEntry, when the entry is not needed, I want remove it. but there is not a CfgNode_RemoveBackofficeEntry.
How can I remove it?
Guys,

***** Ignore below - Found them in the {InstallDirectory}/Platform Server/System_Components.osp.   I had thought I had installed this, as per the installation check list but obviously I didn't ****

Great work on the v6 platform but I think this v6 version of Enterprise Mgr is missing a lot of the eSpaces (e.g. RichWidgets) - I know there was a lot of discussion about breaking these out but did this happen?  I have also tried to download a few apps (directory, timesheet etc) and they are not working as the highest rich widgets UI can find is 5.1.1.13. 

Where do I get these v6 eSpaces from now?

Thanks,
Paul.
All those components (RichWidgets, Text, BinaryData, etc...) now come bundled in the Platform Server installation, packaged in the System_Component solution. When you install the community edition that solution is published for you. If you're using the standalone Platform Server installer, make sure to follow the checklist, which explains how to publish it.

Best Regards,
Gustavo Guerra
Cheers - As you can just see (before I saw your update) - I'd just got to that!
How to delete confignodes in 5.1 ?
I want to get rid of an application In enterprise manager

There are (seem to be) no functions in EnterpriseManager nor in the extension
Hi Joop,

You can do that by clicking on the root node of the Enterprise Manager tree (Control Panel).
Another tree will show up on the right side and you can click its nodes to modify or delete them:

Cheers,
Tiago Simões
Quick question, since EM for 5.1 last version (Version 5.1.13) was published on 04 May 2011, all the fixes that were done after that were not included in a new version for 5.1 version of the platform?

Because I only see EM for v6 since then. Did support for v5.1 stopped?

Best regards,
PC
Hi Pedro,

Sorry for the late reply. As you can see in the version history page, fixes continue to be published for the 5.1 version. We shall continue to provide fixes as long as the platform version is supported.
Hi,

In spite of the fact that Enterprise Manager is discontinued – and support is no longer provided - the upgrade to 7.0 introduces a breaking change that affects customers which are still running old versions of the Enterprise Manager.

Issue
After the upgrade to version 7.0, end-users will start receiving “Access Denied” messages when accessing some resources that they used to have access to before the upgrade. Necessary privileges are correctly assigned in Enterprise Manager but don’t seem to be effective.

Affected Versions

Cause
Some Enterprise Manager queries fail to return data due to changes in the 7.0 Multi-tenancy implementation.

Fix
a) If using a standard, non-customized version of Enterprise Manager:
- Upgrade Enterprise Manager to version 6.0.4 (June, 2012)

b) If using a customized version of Enterprise Manager:
- Open Enterprise Manager in Service Studio;
- Select the Data tab and identify all of the (System) entity references with the ‘Show Tenant Identifier’ property set to True(those should have red icons)
- Set all the ‘Show Tenant Identifier’ properties to False;
- At this point, Service Studio should be listing validation errors due to the missing ‘tenant_id’ attribute in entities;
- Fix errors by simply removing any logic that is still using the missing attribute (TrueChange will guide you through), namely:
  -- Remove clauses from query conditions (follow the errors);
  -- Remove query parameters marked as unused (follow the warnings);
  -- Remove tenant entities from query’s output structures (follow the errors/warnings);
  -- Remove the tenant identifier from assignments (follow the errors). 

Notes
- This behavior will change in the near future so that the issue becomes explicit during the upgrade process. The next 7.0 update will effectively “break” the Enterprise Manager upgrade by generating the aforementioned errors.

Cheers.
Nuno Antunes wrote:
Hi,

In spite of the fact that Enterprise Manager is discontinued – and support is no longer provided - the upgrade to 7.0 introduces a breaking change that affects customers which are still running old versions of the Enterprise Manager.

Issue
After the upgrade to version 7.0, end-users will start receiving “Access Denied” messages when accessing some resources that they used to have access to before the upgrade. Necessary privileges are correctly assigned in Enterprise Manager but don’t seem to be effective.

Affected Versions

Cause
Some Enterprise Manager queries fail to return data due to changes in the 7.0 Multi-tenancy implementation.

Fix
- Upgrade Enterprise Manager to version 6.0.4 (June, 2012)

- Select the Data tab and identify all of the (System) entity references with the ‘Show Tenant Identifier’ property set to True(those should have red icons)
- Set all the ‘Show Tenant Identifier’ properties to False;
- At this point, Service Studio should be listing validation errors due to the missing ‘tenant_id’ attribute in entities;
- Fix errors by simply removing any logic that is still using the missing attribute (TrueChange will guide you through), namely:
  -- Remove clauses from query conditions (follow the errors);
  -- Remove query parameters marked as unused (follow the warnings);
  -- Remove tenant entities from query’s output structures (follow the errors/warnings);
  -- Remove the tenant identifier from assignments (follow the errors). 

Notes
- This behavior will change in the near future so that the issue becomes explicit during the upgrade process. The next 7.0 update will effectively “break” the Enterprise Manager upgrade by generating the aforementioned errors.

Cheers.

Hi,

I forgot to mention that there's another breaking change that was also addressed in version 6.0.4 of Enterpise Manager:
- The EM tree used the "_image.aspx" url to fetch images (a documented breaking change for 7.0) and it is necessary to change this entry to a webscreen with a download widget or else the tree icons will not load.

Cheers.
Hi,

We released a new version of Enterprise Manager (v6.0.5) to fix a problem that was affecting non-persistent logins behavior.

Issue
After the upgrade to version 7.0, non-persistent logins become marked as persistent.

Affected Versions

Cause
The version 7.0 introduces a breaking change that makes the value of Session.UserId and Session.Username variables to be updated before the OnSessionStart action runs. Since EM only assumes that those values are updated in the presence of persistent logins, all the logins (persistent and non-persistent) are treated as persistent.

Fix
- Upgrade Enterprise Manager to version 6.0.5 (September, 2012)

- Select the Logic tab and enter in the 'Login_OnSessionStart' action under the Actions folder;
- In the Action Flow find 'Execute Action' node named 'Login_Extension';
- Set the value of input parameter 'RememberLogin' to 'False' (instead of 'True').

Cheers.