[Barcode Plugin] Not working on PWA with iPhone 8

Forge Component
(27)
Published on 21 May by OutSystems R&D
27 votes
Published on 21 May by OutSystems R&D

Hi team,

Thank you for delivering the high quality on this great plug-in.

I found it seems not working on PWA iPhone8, with iOS 13.3.1 and the latest Personal env.

Do you have any solution idea?

I just followed the typical Jump Start script to make a Product Catalog app.

Then scanned the QR code on the Distribute tab in the Solution Studio.

The app is working well as PWA, EXCEPT QR code scanning. No action will happen even though I clicked the QRCode icon.

(already Disable Web SQL is off. https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Delivering_Mobile_Apps/Early_Access_-_Distribute_as_a_progressive_web_app_(PWA)?utm_source=ost-outsystems%20tools&utm_medium=ost-servicestudio&utm_campaign=ost-docrouter&utm_content=ost-helpid-30231&utm_term=ost-contextualhelp#PWA_in_iOS)

Hi Akira,

Are you sure your IPA generated correctly.
Could you please try again to regenerate the IPA.

Thanks,

Salman

Hi Salman! 

Thanks for your reply.

Just to be clear, you mean I need to build an ipa file even it’s a test as PWA, correct?

The right QR code is the uri to use the app as PWA, and seems it doesn't need to build ipa file.image.png

Thanks and Regards,

Solution

Hey Akira,

QR code scanner is not yet available for PWA. We're working on having a PWA compatible version soon, together with a location component.

Regarding PWA, you do not need to generate an IPA file. Those are two distribution channels. You can enable PWA distribution mode without generating a native build.

Regards,

Ricardo Alves

Solution

Hi Ricardo,

Thank you for this update. It's clear!

Best Regards,

Akira

Ricardo Vaz Alves wrote:

Hey Akira,

QR code scanner is not yet available for PWA. We're working on having a PWA compatible version soon, together with a location component.

Regarding PWA, you do not need to generate an IPA file. Those are two distribution channels. You can enable PWA distribution mode without generating a native build.

Regards,

Ricardo Alves

Hi Ricardo, 

I was just wondering if there is an update regarding when the PWA-compatible version of the barcode plugin will be released?

Regards,

Alfio Esposito