[OutSystems UI] Not visible in LifeTime

Forge Component
(91)
Published on 25 Aug (4 weeks ago) by OutSystems R&D
91 votes
Published on 25 Aug (4 weeks ago) by OutSystems R&D

Hi,

We a working on pushing our code to the new environment, and the problem is that OutSystems UI is not available to choose in LifeTime. It is also not shown in Service studio. At the same time, OutSystems UI Web is shown.

Is this by design? What is the process to ensure that the same version is present on all environments? Is there something in data which can be tweaked to make it available in LifeTime (I have checked in Application entity and don't see any difference from other apps)?

Hi Igor,

Are LifeTime roles & teams being used for the different LifeTime users?

If so it could be that the person does not have the proper permission to deploy the component to the target environment.

The process to have the same version in all environments is to push them from dev to test to qa to prod.

Regards,

Daniel

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi Igor,

Are LifeTime roles & teams being used for the different LifeTime users?

If so it could be that the person does not have the proper permission to deploy the component to the target environment.

The process to have the same version in all environments is to push them from dev to test to qa to prod.

Regards,

Daniel

Several people were checking this. As far as I know all of them having maximum permissions. I myself am Administrator role, which is the highest. Other applications are available, including Outsystems UI Web. Ousystems UI seems to be the only one missing.

I have also checked in the list of applications returned by Life Time API - it's not there also.

"push them from dev to test" :) How exactly? With LifeTime or somehow else? Do you have it shown in LifeTime?

Hi Igor,

I checked on one of our customer infrastructures, and to my supprise experience the same issue with OutSystems UI application. It is in DEV but not visible in LifeTime.

I will try and find out what can explain this. If needed I contact OutSystems.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Igor,

I did some investigation what is happening, this is my conclusion sofar:

1. Originally only OutSystems UI Mobile existed, prior to the availability of Reactive Web app.
  2. Then Reactive Web applications and OutSystems UI where introduced.
  3. The OutSystems UI Mobile app was renamed to OutSystems UI, as it uses the same foundation (module OutSystemsUI).
  4. Deploying the DEV modules to TST and other environments, for reason I don't understand, did not rename the application. So in DEV it is called OutSystems UI, but in TEST, QA etc it is still called OutSytems UI Mobile.

If I filter on OutSystems UI Mobile in LifeTime it does list the 2 components part of OutSytems UI in DEV, why? 

I will ask feedback from OutSystems on this, as it is strange to see a module in 1 environement in application X and in another in application Y. and if X and Y are the same application when then different names per enviroment.

I will keep you posted.

Regards,

Daniel 

For service studio you should check preference to make sure

J. wrote:

For service studio you should check preference to make sure

This is nice, thanks! However doesn't solve the problem... One option we were considering was to move those modules to own own application. But they don't have the "move" button.

Solution

Hi all!

This is a very annoying bug in LifeTime that I have reported previously to OutSystems back in November 2019 but until now it has not been fixed.

It has been filled as ID "RPD 4774", and I was told to keep checking LifeTime Release Notes.

The issue is that new versions of components/applications (system and forge) that have a different name (but also different description and icon) will not synchronize correctly to LifeTime, so in Service Center (and Service Studio) of the environment they will appear with the new name but in LifeTime they still appear with the old name.

For forge components, there is a workaround which is to just make a small change in the description (or the name) of the application, and LifeTime will detect there is a change in the application and synchronize it correctly. (of course, with this small change the component becomes customized and not possible to be automatically updated, but what I do is just reinstall manually the latest version of the component).

But, for system components, like "OutSystems UI", it is impossible to rename the application or make any kind of change, so it is not possible to "trigger" LifeTime to make a successful synchronization.

This a summary of the main system components that have been renamed:

Example of the problem for "Charts Mobile", now called "OutSystems Charts".

Service Center (OK):

Service Studio (OK):

LifeTime (NOK):

--Tiago Bernardo

Solution

Thanks Tiago, that is valuable information.

Tiago Bernardo Many thanks for this! Now I was able to find it under the name "Silk UI Mobile".