[Wish] Outsystems Service/Integration Studio on Linux & Mac OS X

[Wish] Outsystems Service/Integration Studio on Linux & Mac OS X

Hi all

I'm noticing that Outsystems ideas are growing faster than ever, and for that, I was wondering when it will come a Cross platform Outsystems tool.

Many of us, are forced to work with Windows only because Outsystems Service Studio does not work with other systems. I think its time to change that, don't you?

Thanks
Hi Nelson,

You can use Outsystems on a mac with VMWARE FUSION, http://www.vmware.com/products/fusion/

Hi Robert,

thank you for your fast answer, but I already know that.

On a Mac or linux I can use a vmware, virtualbox or any other virtual machine tool to work with outsystems, but I need to install Windows anyway.

I would like to open the Service Studio directly on my linux laptop, without the need to turn on a virtual machine.

Cheers.
Hey Nelson,

I have been trying to load the Outsystems Platorm server in VirtualBox using Windows XP on Mac host.  I keep getting "Host not found".  Can you provide me with some steps of how to successfully set this up?  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Hi Vera, and welcome to the OutSystems community forums.

Indeed there are some people who use the Agile Platform in such environments, and I know that it works - at least to some extent.

Under what conditions are you getting that error? When? Is it during the installation, or when you're running the Platform?

Second, what server are you trying to connect to? Is it the local server, or an external one? If I recall correctly, the connection settings need to be properly configured in VMWare in order for the virtual machine to access external servers, so I'd assume VirtualBox would be similar.

Let's see if some of our Mac users drop a line here :)

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
"Let's see if some of our Mac users drop a line here :)"

Tested on mac using parallels desktop 6 

No problem here.

@Nelson,
"I have been trying to load the Outsystems Platorm server in VirtualBox using Windows XP on Mac host. I keep getting "Host not found". Can you provide me with some steps of how to successfully set this up? Any help would be much appreciated."

Without knowing the full details, hard to say what that message really means, if you are trying to connect using the domainname/computername and getting that error message, it could be a DNS issue, have you tried connecting to the server using the server's IP Address?
Hi Vera,

Make sure you use a bridge network adapter and your firewall isn't blocking the needed outsystems ports.
Nelson,

It will be a very important step for successfully acceptance on United States (Mac OS X).
For sure! 

Regards,
Rafael Pereira
Another Happy MAC user here, using Paralles Desktop 6 to run Service Studio and Integration Studio!!

No problems so far.

Cheers

Miguel Simões João
Let's work better and make this available for all platforms.

Best Regards,
Rute