Views
Comments
I need to download the entire database (.db) of my outsystem project.
Question

Hello. I need to download the entire database (.db) of my outsystem project. The purpose of this is that I have a local copy of the data to use in other tools like PowerBI or some manipulation using pyhton codes. I am afraid that exporting all data in excel does not meet my problem so I need the database file. How can I get it?

I am sorry for my english.

Hi Carlos,

Please check the below link:

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/44280/download-the-database/#

I hope it will help you

If your environment is on cloud, better follow the excel route.

If on premises, you can directly access the database and export the db

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Carlos,

Unless you have an on-premise installation of the Platform, this isn't possible. The cloud versions of the Platform do not give you direct access to the database. Also, even if you could actually download the database as a file, you'd need the exact same version of the database engine to be able to read it, and quite some DBA knowledge to be able to mount it etc.

Hi Carlos,

If the environment is not on-premises then you cannot download the db files. You can connect via SQL Manager if the installation is on-premises. 

You can try the following solution if you want to copy the data from OutSystems DB to your external DB - 

1. Connect with the external DB using the extension. 

2. Create the timer or background processes to copy the data from OutSystems DB to the External DB using the API methods.

This will also help you to format the data as required for other Databases..

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Unnati