Download widget in outsystems mobile.

I want to use a download widget in my mobile application, which on click will download a static pdf file in the "downloads" area of the mobile.

As there is no built-in download widget in outsystems mobile, how do I achieve this?

I tried the file transfer plugin, but that is not working either. So is there  a widget/ some other plugin that i can use to do what I want?

Thanks in advance.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Amol,

Depending on your mobile platform, there's no such thing as a "download", that's why there's no built-in widget for Mobile (see more here).

You should be able to achieve that with File Transfer Plugin. Can you take a look at the File Sample App Forge component? It is a demo where you can see how to implement a file download in mobile using OutSystems.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
João

Thanks for your reply, but I wasn't able to use this to download/transfer the file to my mobile's "downloads" folder. How can this be done?

I think I am making a mistake in entering the destination url. What should it be?

There is a work around if you only plan to implement your mobile application as PWA.
I created a web block as part of the web application that allows to download files.
Then I imported that block into my mobile application.
It works, it allows to download files in phone Downloads.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.