Views
Comments
Why are OML Processor and Runtime Context extensions not available?

I'm working with a forge component and seems like they miss the references to the OMLProcessor and the RuntimeContext extensions. 

Why is the behavior?

What are the alternatives to get some of these functionalities provided by these extensions? 

ServiceStudioHiuiCZq3D8.png

Hi Arun,

Your factory is missing some other components on which your one depends.

The RuntimeContext extension you can get by installing in your environment the Runtime Context forge component.

The OMLProcessor extension, I don't know to which forge component it belongs.

Kind Regards,
João  

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Arun,

The OMLProcessor is a built-in system extension that comes with the platform so you don't need to download it. This extension allows OutSystems, to collect information to support decisions in further product developments.
That obviously doesn't explain why you cannot set dependencies to it successfully.

So I am wondering in what Forge component you get this issue, is it in a Forge Component from OutSystems? Posting your problem on the support page of that Component will get more visibility to the component development team.

Regards,

Daniel 

Hi Daniël,

I think Arun is referring to OutSystems.AI Document Processor Reactive since he asked the same question a few minutes ago (just noticed it now).

Can you confirm this Arun?

I'm checking in general, as I see few forge components going incompatible while installing or upgrading.

I had the issue with Outsystems.AI Document Processor as well as PropertyServices forge components.

Looking into their implementation, I have a need to use a few methods from these extensions such as "EncryptString/DecryptString" exposed by the OMLProcesser.

Trying to figure out why I am not able to add a reference to the OMLProcessor in my new modules in the same line as the forge installs.

mvp_badge
MVP

So yes, this fits in what I describe, these Forge components are from OutSystems themselves, and they use the OMLProcessor internally. I can ask around what the limitations are for OutSystems coders to directly use the OMLprocessor. But I am pretty sure you are not intended to use it directly yourself.

So you are saying "https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component_overview.aspx?projectid=3966&projectname=properties-services&" extension is owned by Outsystems and it internally uses the OML Processor!!

Is there any way we could leverage some of these functionalities for the module we build ourselves?

mvp_badge
MVP

That is not what I said.

I wrote:

The OMLProcessor is a built-in system extension that comes with the platform so you don't need to download it. This extension allows OutSystems, to collect information to support decisions in further product developments.  

mvp_badge
MVP

As I also understood and Daniël correctly explained, OMLProcessor is indeed a system component (an extension included in the Service Center application) that is not publicly available as a dependency. Only to a certain group of people who get permission by OutSystems to use that extension in their Forge components. So for you and I, it will look like the OMLProcessor extension is missing in our environment, even though it actually is not. It is just not available as a 'public' producer to other modules.

So when you refresh the dependencies and find OMLProcessor marked in red in the Producer section. You just need to leave that extension untouched and refresh the other modules by clicking the blue arrows on the side individually. After that hit the 'Apply' button (do not use the 'Refresh All' button in this case) and your module should show no errors so you should be able to publish it without any issues.

Regards,

Nordin

mvp_badge
MVP

I got a response from OutSystems:

• The AI OutSystems.AI Document Processor Reactive had a "ghost" dependency to OML processor that shouldn't have. It was fixed on the latest version 1.0.3.
  • And yes, OML processor can only even be referenced in components built internally by OutSystems.

I understand the dependency part and its applicability towards Outsystem internal/system modules.

I would need some input/suggestions on the following lines:

1. Is there a way to leverage the platform encryption and decryption with the key defined while setting up the environment? Something like RuntimePlatform.Settings.EncryptString!!

2. I would like to update the REST/SOAP web service reference and apply the settings using an API to take into effect. Similar to "Configurations_StartApplyModules"

Hello, it seems like I'm also encountered the same problem

I want to use web app Properties management from the forge but some of the dependencies are missing (OMLProcessor, Lifetime core, etc.) https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/68643/incompatible-lifetimesdk-reference-o11/

I assumed the web application won't work till I fixed the dependencies and re-publish all the modules, right?