Save data locally to mobile device
Application Type
Mobile
Service Studio Version
11.14.5 (Build 57418)

Hello everyone, hope you all are having a good day.

I'm currently building a pilot app that can store data input from the user, and they can view it later on. It's going to store data locally for now, but I can't seem to find a proper guide on how to do this, or that I can understand for mobile app. Most I found are usually for traditional web or reactive.

Attached below is the oml for my project, if you'd like to see what I'm working on/meant by saving data locally.

PETTRACK.oml

Hello Solehan Zakaria,

I went through your app, and I found that you are using a normal Database that saves data on the server.

If you wish to store data locally you have to use Local Storage.

Once you create a local storage database entity as shown in the image above, you will have database actions to CRUD data.

You can refer to Mr. Bruno Cantante's answers for more details to know more about local storage and how to use it.

Best Regards,

Riyas

Hi Solehan Zakaria,

Exist multiple options to store data locally, the easiest is using the Local storage, you can find more about: https://www.outsystems.com/training/courses/162/local-storage/;

If you need an example, you can explore this app or other apps avaliable on the forge:

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/1405/task-manager

Best Regards,

Bruno F. Cantante

Hello Solehan Zakaria,

I went through your app, and I found that you are using a normal Database that saves data on the server.

If you wish to store data locally you have to use Local Storage.

Once you create a local storage database entity as shown in the image above, you will have database actions to CRUD data.

You can refer to Mr. Bruno Cantante's answers for more details to know more about local storage and how to use it.

Best Regards,

Riyas

Coincidentally, today I implemented a mobile app that saves the data locally. I used local storage and I enabled PWA feature on the app. You can work with aggregates in the same way as entities. The downside of local storage is you don't have a preview of the data.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.