Persistent Login with Azure AD Authentication

I have recently moved authentication from the IDP forge component to Azure AD Authentication via the users app as per: https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Secure_the_Application/End_User_Management/End_Users_Authentication/Configure_Azure_AD_Authentication

My problem is that i now can't find a way to enable persistent login so my users are now being re-authenticated after leaving pages idle for 20 (?) mins.

Can anyone suggest how i can overcome this?

Hi Liz,

The default .NET session timeout is 20 minutes. If you want to enable persistent login you can review this documentation

The configuration of the default duration of a persistent login session depends on what type of application you have enabled persistent login for. For Traditional Web Application you can use the Factory Configuration component, while for Reactive Web Applications and Mobile Apps you can configure the Max Idle Time parameter in Service Center.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nordin

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Liz,

The default .NET session timeout is 20 minutes. If you want to enable persistent login you can review this documentation

The configuration depends on what type of application you want to enable persistent login for. For Traditional Web Application you can use the Factory Configuration component, while for Reactive Web Applications and Mobile Apps you can configure the Max Idle Time parameter in Service Center.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nordin

Hi Nordin,

I read the persistent login article but that refers to enabling it by using the user_login action.  As login is  performed as Single sign on via Azure AD this action isn't used where i can configure it as it configured in the 'users' app.  

I also have noted the factory configuration timeout option but that related to timeout not persistent login which are 2 different things.  For example, If a (external) user is logging in manually to an app (not via SSO) then the timeout needs to remain as 20 mins but where  a user accesses an app via SSO then persistent login should apply.

Hi Liz,

Thanks for the more detailed explanation. 

I was not aware you don't use the User_Login action with Azure AD authentication. As I haven't used Azure AD authentication myself, I don't know of a different approach to persist the login session.

I have edited my earlier post, as I meant to say a persistent login session also has a default duration which is customizable using either Factory Configuration for TWA or via Service Center for RWA and Mobile. Thanks for correcting me.

Maybe someone on the Forum who has more experience with Azure AD will be able to help you out. Otherwise you could always open a support case with OutSystems and ask them for assistance in this matter.

Regards,

Nordin