Views
Comments
EPA_TaskBox with Custom User Provider

Hello all,

I'm wondering if anyone have an Idea on how to use EPA_TaskBox with a custom User Provider (Different than Users) without having to create a custom TaskBox.

Digging a little bit I discovered that EPA_Taskbox can only be bound to a single user provider in a factory. In this case, Users.

Found a lot of related Posts here in Community but none of them were really useful.

The posts that I visited were:

-EPA Taskbox to use cloned Users module.

-Processes, EPA Taskbox and Multi-Tenancy

-BPT and Custom User Provider?

I even found an old idea that suggested that was possible in the past changing the User Provider from EPA_TaskBox, but now I think this functionality is lost.

For this reason I opened 2 new ideias.

First one for letting change the User Provider from EPA TaskBox and other that can be even a better solution to let we clone this module and customize it.

In any case I would like to know if anyone have ever face this same problem, and if they found an easier solution than customizing the TaskBox.

Tks,

Raphael Ranieri.

Hi,

I am also not very much sure, but cloning of EPA_Taskbox module will be good option where you can point to your new cloned user module.

Hello all,

I'm wondering if anyone have an Idea on how to use EPA_TaskBox with a custom User Provider (Different than Users) without having to create a custom TaskBox.

Digging a little bit I discovered that EPA_Taskbox can only be bound to a single user provider in a factory. In this case, Users.

Found a lot of related Posts here in Community but none of them were really useful.

The posts that I visited were:

-EPA Taskbox to use cloned Users module.

-Processes, EPA Taskbox and Multi-Tenancy

-BPT and Custom User Provider?

I even found an old idea that suggested that was possible in the past changing the User Provider from EPA_TaskBox, but now I think this functionality is lost.

For this reason I opened 2 new ideias.

First one for letting change the User Provider from EPA TaskBox and other that can be even a better solution to let we clone this module and customize it.

In any case I would like to know if anyone have ever face this same problem, and if they found an easier solution than customizing the TaskBox.

Tks,

Raphael Ranieri.

This issue was introduced in Platform version 11, we raised a support ticket around it back in May when we upgraded platforms and were told by support that they were raising it with R&D and they will "tackle it as soon as possible"

Hi Jeanene,

Seeing the date of the other posts I believe this Issue exist for a long time already.
Even before Version 11.

Seems like EPA always could only be bound to a single User Provider.

We had it working quite successfully with multiple custom user providers for almost a year. The issue may have been introduced in 10 but if it was it was in a later version than we had as we skipped a few when jumping to 11. Outsystemsw support response is below.

" we introduced some additional validations on AppFeedback that will verify if the tenant of a user corresponds to the same tenant of the application in question. However, this validation is running on the context of application AppFeedback, as opposed to the application where the feedback is requested. AppFeedback uses Users as its User Provider and that is why it is currently only displaying the feedback button for applications with that same User Provider. In case any other User Provider is used, it will not match the AppFeedback tenant which will result in the error you experienced. 

This said, we have made our R&D aware of this situation and they will tackle it as soon as possible. Once the issue is analyzed and fixed it will be released in future OutSystems platform versions. We do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. "

Ohh I see.

I think that what you are talking about is the AppFeedback, which is the little ball in the bottom right corner that let you send Feedbacks to ECT, is that right?

The EPA_TaskBox is a different component, it is one that also appear in bottom right corner, but is used to see BPT activities assigned to an user.

This is the AppFeedback and this is the a sample of EPA TaskBox in reactive apps for instance.

They are different things.

Oops, sorry your right, my mistake. Actually we never had a problem at all with the task box on version 10 and custom user providers, although when we went to 11 we created our own connecting to the same tables because our UX team "wanted a different look"