CSDS—Delivers Better Quality, Faster and More Efficiently
At the time of writing, it is still early days for the new digital Certis Service Delivery System. But as you would expect from a project led by the Quality Excellence department, they have conducted a detailed time study from phase one.
"We've seen an annual recurring saving of nearly 250,000 Singapore dollars, based on the productivity improvement across the Quality Excellence team," says Dawn.
Those savings come from a wide range of speed improvements, meaning quality officers can complete their work faster and more easily. For example:
- It is now faster to set-up new sites and populate required job breakdown sheets.
- The mobile app synchronizes training and assessment records to the SAP HCM module, eliminating manual data entry by administrators.
- Real-time compliance and performance data, thanks to Tableau integration, has eliminated masses of unnecessary queries and emails previously required to keep management updated.
- It is now faster to onboard new staff to sites.
- Site audits are now faster.
- Less effort is required to deploy and certify procedure changes.
One of the new features Certis is most proud of is a library of "Golden Templates." Common procedures (called "job breakdown sheets"), can quickly be generated by copying from a template. It now takes just a few minutes to make site-specific process variants.
"The golden template idea came directly from one of our design thinking workshops. It's great to see how this idea has come to fruition and is making the work of quality officers so much faster and easier," says Lau.
Fast and easy integration to a wide range of systems was crucial to the success of CSDS. With OutSystems Certis was able to integrate: SAP HR employee master data, SAP HCM training and events records, Tableau, Certis' user authentication system, an expense claim system previously developed on OutSystems, and a system called Argus.
User experience design was another critical aspect, especially for the mobile app used by security officers, as Dawn explains. "The beauty of OutSystems is the ability—in a fast and visual way—to design pixel-perfect applications using pre-built templates and patterns. When working with the UX designer, I felt I was able to focus entirely on the experience we wanted to provide our users, rather than fighting with technology."