Moreover, commenting on how self-sufficiency and using OutSystems has changed his work since 2019, Angus says, “I spend much less time dealing with suppliers and RFPs, and more time managing innovation. With OutSystems, when the business brings us new requirements, I can say ‘Yes’ much more often, and more quickly.”
An example of Tysers’ increased innovation capacity is a solution for real-time shipping risk pricing, which the company is launching. “We’ve served many of the world’s largest shipowners for decades,” explains Angus. “We expect to revolutionize how war risk shipping insurance is priced and sold, with innovative technology that incorporates real-time satellite ship location tracking. We’ll be able to dynamically price premiums that reflect real rather than assumed risk.”
Tysers plans to broaden this new proposition to cover other risk classes, such as shipping containers and trucks, and the insurer intends to white-label the product to broaden its market reach.
Over and beyond strategic projects such as Tconnect and real-time shipping insurance, Tysers’ OutSystems team has delivered numerous other applications. These include:
- Encore specialist theatre insurance—online quotes and customer onboarding.
- Wholesale cyber insurance—enabling online quote and bind for a wholesale client.
- Gifts and Entertainment: a mobile app that helps ensure employees comply with Tysers’ FCA gifts and entertainment regulations.
- Client portal—secure file upload and messaging portal for Tysers’ clients.
- Cargo certs: online provision of cargo certificates to clients.
- Governance portal: real-time integration to D&B for sanctions checking of clients.
- Various RPA companion apps and integration helper apps.