OutSystems Reports Record Growth in 2017
Lisbon - January 31, 2018
OutSystems had a successful year across all areas of business including:
Driven by new sales and customer renewals, OutSystems saw 63 percent year-over-year growth in software subscriptions revenue (Annual Recurring Revenue). The company added 275 new enterprise customers, now serving customers in 43 countries.
Partner and Developer Ecosystem
The OutSystems partner and developer ecosystem continued to expand in 2017. The company unveiled its Global Partner Program, giving members access to global sales, marketing and technical resources across OutSystems.
During 2017, more than 55,000 users, including citizen developers and programmers, initiated their low-code app development journey with the OutSystems free personal environment. And the OutSystems Community of digital transformation professionals is now 167,000 members strong.
Talent and Culture
In 2017, OutSystems rapidly grew to over 600 employees globally. With 55 new hires starting in January, OutSystems is entering 2018 with over 650 employees. OutSystems will continue employee growth in 2018, with plans to hire between 250 and 300 new employees.
To accelerate company growth, OutSystems added several new board members with extensive experience in high-growth SaaS and cloud companies. New board members include Tom Schodorf, former SVP of sales and field operations at Splunk, and John Kinzer, CFO of HubSpot, as well as Bill Macaitis, former CRO/CMO of Slack, as an advisor.
OutSystems also announced a worldwide stock option plan for all employees across nine offices globally, furthering its position as a premier employer. OutSystems was named one of the Best Cloud Computing Companies and CEOs to Work For by Forbes, based on Glassdoor scores.
In addition to the impressive business growth, OutSystems cemented its leadership position in the low-code / high-productivity app development markets and has strong leader rankings in multiple industry reports. In 2017 alone, it was named:
- A leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Enterprise High-Productivity Application Platform as a Service (hpaPaaS) 2017, being included for the third year in a row
- A leader in Gartner’s 2017 Magic Quadrant for Mobile App Development Platforms
- A leader in The Forrester WaveTM: Low-Code Development Platforms, Q1 2017
- A leader in The Forrester Wave™: Low-Code Development Platforms For AD&D Pros, Q4 2017
For the 8th year, NextStep (#nxStep), the global series of user events, gathered close to 3,000 CIOs, software architects, IT leaders and analysts, to exchange experiences on how low-code accelerates their digital transformation. Global sponsors included Deloitte, PwC, Tech Mahindra, KPMG, Cognizant, LTI Infotech, and Atos.
OutSystems continually expanded upon and improved its award-winning platform in 2017, with more than 60 product updates including leading low-code innovation like:
- Machine learning and cognitive services as platform connectors that provide native platform capabilities to include the artificial intelligence services from Amazon Web Services Machine Learning, Microsoft Azure Cognitive Services, and IBM Watson.
- Built-in Internet-of-Things (IoT) connectors that reduce to days or weeks the creation of new SaaS services including physical world sensors and automated digital operations.
- The first-ever Visual Debugger for Mobile Apps, which allows citizen developers to visually troubleshoot their mobile apps without code.
- ISO and SOC Certifications, to bolster its security credentials with three of the most recognized certifications.
- OutSystems 10 achieved certified integration with SAP NetWeaver® and SAP S/4HANA® –, enabling enterprises to more rapidly achieve their digital transformation goals.
- DevOps Features, such as integrations with Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services, Jenkins, and other new features that make it easy to use OutSystems with complex DevOps toolchains.
Journalists and analysts can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 404-994-2614