Two Months to Deliver Full Track and Trace Visibility
In just two months, HBG had the customized logistics solution that they needed. The OutSystems apps enabled them to provide a joined-up service for their international clients. Now HBG operations and their customers have end-to-end visibility for any parcel, all the way from China to destination, including every warehouse stop and transit step between.
Over and beyond the full track and trace capability, BorderGuru’s new integrated solution is delivering many other benefits, including:
- An improved returns experience that allows sending-customers to choose what happens to undelivered goods, including the option to allocate to another recipient.
- Collection reminders mean fewer parcels return to warehouses, reducing the environmental impact of unnecessary transportation.
- Improved customer experience is fueling sales growth.
- Reduced costs from fewer consignment queries and complaints.
- The improved mobile app for handlers includes photo capture and chat facility, which makes it easier to get supervisor support when needed.
Commenting on his experience of managing his first OutSystems project, Tobias said, "OutSystems provides a common visual language that closes the gap between business operations experts and developers. It meant I could get much more deeply involved, and control the development effort better. That’s just what Product Owners need, and I’d say this was the smoothest project that I’ve managed.”
As regards development speed, Tobias says, “What impressed me was not just the faster development speed, but the ability to increase the scope as we went along. Very often, we found pre-built components from the Forge, that we could drop in and integrate without writing code. For example, the camera integration and chat facility that we put in the mobile app were rapid enhancements we added during development.”
HBG now expects to adapt and deploy the TrApp solution for additional high-growth regions in Asia and beyond. Looking ahead, Hermes’ IT organization is taking ownership of the OutSystems apps as a core technology for international operations.