In the modern enterprise, the CIO has to be a broker, both in control of the technology estate but at the same time allowing a level of freedom that will foster innovation. This is a challenging way to operate. In this debate, CIOs describe how they achieve this balance whilst retaining control of the technology estate.
This discussion explores:
- Unlocking business opportunity
- How to deliver quick returns and see benefits
- Reusing applications to reduce tech debt and enable innovation
- Understanding and keeping the technology costs in perspective
- The role of product owners