LifeRisk has proved invaluable to support businesses in reducing COVID-19 risk in their workplace. Results include:
- Over 70,000 employees onboarded.
- More than 2 million check-ins and rapid surveys performed.
- Over 11,043 alerts processed to assess potential COVID-19 risk at customers’ workplaces.
- Of these, more than 6,000 cases of COVID-19 risk were managed, resulting in a reduced risk of workplace contamination.
- Significant cost savings for client companies, by reducing productivity losses and regulatory burden had they needed to shut down.
Meanwhile, the original Life Healthcare employee screening app has continued to play a crucial role in keeping staff, facilities, and patients safe, with around 16,000 staff health assessments completed every day.
Life Healthcare has enhanced the app with an integrated telemedicine facility and in-app test result notification. “Users can access a doctor consultation via their LifeRISK mobile app or web portal,” says Alistair. “And if needed, they can get a direct referral for a local COVID test facility.”
The app can automatically notify test results to both the individual and their employer—a safety provision allowed by South Africa’s temporary COVID emergency privacy regulations. This ensures there is no delay if additional safety measures are needed in the workplace.
Life Healthcare has also implemented a vaccine campaign solution, which will also integrate into the LifeRISK application. This is used by corporate customers who are providing COVID-19 vaccines to their staff outside of the government rollout. “When we architected this app, we learned from the connectivity difficulties experienced by the government’s system, so we built the vaccine solution as a PWA as well,” says Alistair.
Commenting on the success of the LifeRISK Solution, Alistair says, “This is only made possible by the combined efforts of our Life EHS product owner, Dr. Prinesh Reddy, the OutSystems platform, and our excellent partners.”