When done properly, DevOps can save you a lot of time. Trust me, I come from a services background. For years, just the simple idea of testing and migrating different apps would give me the chills. Nowadays, not so much.
Experience the power of OutSystems
Wondering what's it like to develop with a high-performance low-code platform? Check out OutSystems free edition.
In a nutshell, DevOps is a culture shift that can help you accelerate the overall lifecycle of your applications. This is particularly relevant in today’s reality, where users’ requirements are constantly changing, and development teams are pressured to push new products and changes into production at high velocity. But that’s just part of what DevOps is.
DevOps is also about reinforcing collaboration across an organization by bringing developers and operations closer together, and driving innovation by building applications in an incremental fashion, measuring the impact of each change, and iterating on what works.
This way, development teams are able to speed up application development, deployment, and maintenance while focusing on the business value and less on the technology side.
And low-code platforms are great tools to extend the gains of Agile and DevOps. OutSystems, for example, gives you the flexibility to integrate with your existing toolchain while also harnessing its built-in DevOps capabilities. Companies benefit from continuous delivery that ultimately fosters the productive collaboration between the business and IT.
OutSystems and DevOps: The Full Guide
There are several systems and solutions that provide DevOps capabilities. And one of the main aspects of OutSystems is that it’s adaptable enough to allow you to integrate with those different systems by a variety of means, such as APIs, SOAP and REST web services, Forge components, and even accelerators that reduce the complexity to integrate with enterprise-grade CI/CD engines like Jenkins and Azure DevOps.
But OutSystems also provides you with built-in features that support the entire lifecycle of an application. Here’s how:
- One-click deployment: Click a button, and you deploy the user interface, database, workflows, and integration components while a dependency analysis engine ensures a healthy state for all running applications.
- Easy migration: Set up a deployment plan, kick off the migration, and then watch it happen. OutSystems checks the dependencies and seamlessly deploys the application across all environments.
- Operations and analytics: You can troubleshoot your apps in a matter of seconds thanks to easy-to-use analytical dashboards that are automatically created and guide your team to the most critical issues.
- Management: OutSystems handles configuration and identity management of running applications.
- Built-in versioning: Need to roll back to an earlier version of your application or visually merge your development? No problem! OutSystems version management allows intuitive ways to manage your application history.
This combination simplifies the deployment of a complex app to production without the need for scripting or manual tasks.
If you want to learn all the steps about how you can do DevOps with OutSystems, I invite you to watch our webinar Low-Code DevOps. In less than 25 minutes, you’ll learn how to:
- Get a jump start on your DevOps rollout by leveraging the built-in DevOps features in OutSystems
- Reduce complexity, tool fatigue, and realize value faster by automating builds & deployment in OutSystems
- Improve feedback loops with the business using the built-in testing capabilities
- Integrate OutSystems automation capabilities into your existing DevOps toolchains.